Whether you are interested in agriculture, recreation, history or just a quiet ride in the countryside, you will find it all in Tyendinaga Township.
Tyendinaga Township is located in the most southeasterly corner of Hastings County and approximately 10 km east of the City of Belleville.
It was created in 1820 from land
surrendered to the Crown by the Mohawks of the Tyendinaga Reserve. Like the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, Tyendinaga Township took its name from Joseph Brant, a noted Mohawk Chief whose Indian name was “Thayendinagea”.
View more details about our History
Trash Bash 2015
Saturday April 25, 2015
Trash Bash has been scheduled for Saturday April 25, 2015 ! Trash Bash is an annual community clean up day held in conjunction with the City of Belleville and The City of Quinte West.
At this years event, you will be able to do the following:
- drop off garbage collected from municipal roadways, ditches and parks for FREE
- drop off recycling that you find when picking up trash
- drop off old batteries, paint, light bulbs and other Hazardous waste (put on by Quinte Waste Solutions)
- pick up tree seedlings to plant in your yard for FREE
- enjoy a cup of Hot coffee or a hot dog for your efforts on keeping our community clean
We look forward to seeing you there!
Any questions, please contact Mandi at the office.